Educational loans are granted on the basis of financial need, academic ability and a desire to succeed. An applicant must reapply each year as loans do not auto-renew.
To apply for a Student Aid Foundation loan, please complete the application below completely and accurately. You may choose to complete the application in one or multiple sessions. Be sure to save your entry. Please review the application checklist further below to ensure you have fulfilled all application requirements.
Before beginning the application, please review the application checklist below to ensure you are aware of and fulfill all application requirements. Please give thoughtful consideration to the discussion questions. This section is the most important part of the application.
Loan applications will be accepted between April 3rd and July 12th this year for loans beginning in the Fall Term of the same calendar year (and for Spring and Summer Terms of the following calendar year). Loan decisions will be communicated via email between May and July. SAF recommends applying early. In the event, that funds are still available after the application deadline, additional applications may be considered. Please contact us to inquire further.
Download a printer friendly version of the Application Checklist.
In addition to submitting this online application, make sure you have provided the following items correctly to complete your application. Only complete applications will be processed and reviewed for approval.
For All Applicants:
- Most recent transcript(s) portraying 2 years of academic history at a minimum. For example, if you are a college freshman and applying for a loan for your sophomore year, you must send a college transcript and a high school transcript. Transcripts for new applicants must be official and received directly from the institution via electronic/online method or traditional mail. Transcripts are not accepted if received from the loan applicant. Exception -- Re-applicants are not required to provide their high school transcript again.
- Review qualifications here to ensure you meet them.
- Check loan limits listed here and make sure you are requesting the appropriate amount. Remember loans are for one school year at a time. You must re-apply each year.
- Reference requests are due back before your loan may be reviewed. Please advise your references that a quick turnaround is best. Completed loan applications will be reviewed from May thru July and final decisions will be communicated via email from May to July depending on your loan status.
- Complete and return the Private Education Loan Applicant Self-Certification Form required by US Congress. This form must be returned to SAF before funds can be disbursed. You do not need to complete this step until SAF has “Approved” your loan.
SAF makes every effort during the busy application time to respond to inquiries and provide loan statuses. Inquires will receive a response within approximately 2 to 3 days.
For Re-applicants Only:
- High School transcript is not required.
- Photo will not be requested in the online application.
- References will not be requested in the online application.
- If there are special circumstances you wish to communicate please send a communication explaining any key details that would be valuable to the Loan Review Committee upon review of your application.